How do I get one-way sync for photos

DGalt

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I want to instantly upload photos to Picasa, which I've figured out how to do. However, I do not want photos in Picasa (or, by extension, Google+) to show up in my gallery.

Is there any way to only get sync in one direction (i.e. from my phone to Picasa/Google+) without getting it in the other direction?

Thanks

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Do you just not want them to show up, or do you not want them to be there at all? As a Gallery replacement, Quickpic does not show Picasa albums. It is at least as good, if not better, than the Gallery (I stopped using it only because I DID want to see Picasa albums... it is otherwise better IMO).

That will not stop the photos syncing, but you will not see them in Quickpic. Work-around as opposed to a solution.

DGalt

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Well as far as I understand it they're not really "there," right? It's not like there's an actual duplicate on your phone. But yeah, I don't want them in my gallery. It seems pretty stupid to have duplicates of photos I've taken (i.e. a "camera" album with all my taken pictures and then an "instant upload" folder with all the same pictures)

DGalt

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Although I guess I sorta see the utility...I can delete photos from my phone and still see them.

Are the pictures compressed when uploaded to Picasa does anyone know? Like, would I want to save the originals somewhere

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
There is a setting in the Gallery to sync Picassa via wifi. I do not know where they go, but I haven't looked. Pretty sure they ARE there, just not in your DCIM folder. The Gallery is setup to automatically show Picasa albums, so if you upload photos to Picasa, I think they will show up automatically so long as you are syncing photos via the accounts&sync option in MENU.

It may matter depending on how you are getting them uploaded from your phone... if you do it in a way other than with accounts & sync, you can probably just turn photo sync off and use whatever method you have going. I am not knowledgeable on that since I want to see them.

Try out Quickpic. I bet ten imaginary dollars you like it better than the Gallery, and it will obfuscate your problem. That might be good enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hermes14