How do I get rid of "Apps with permission" pop up?

jlg05

Dec 19, 2018
Visit site
You can't force stop that App info. It just kills the window but the "Phone settings" is still active. Killing that in the task manager, and it's back in a few minutes. I haven't gone the "turn off the sound" route because I want this gone.
Also, I notice that if my alarm goes off, the Phone Settings screen pops up instead of the screen to dismiss the alarm.

I enabled dev options, and looked at running services,but nothing outstanding there...

eddiecat

Dec 19, 2018
Visit site
I just tested mine by setting an alarm to see if it does the same, and yep, no alarm sound, just that screen popping up again. Also, nothing unusual in running services here either.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
When you see the Phone Settings screen, enable it (slide the Off button to the right, so it turns On). Then you'll see the app asking for permissions.

Then make sure that you want to give thar app any permissions - that screen is one way Android keeps viruses from doing whatever they want. But if it's an app you want changing things, give it permission.

jlg05

Dec 19, 2018
Visit site
OK, I moved it to ON and there is NO CHANGE in the screen -- it doesn't list any application or anything else in the window.

eddiecat

Dec 19, 2018
Visit site
No difference here either - the switch is now on, but the screen still keeps popping up. I also noticed it pops up when I plug my earphones into the socket, too, btw.

painguin

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I have been having this same problem as posted above on 12/17/18. I have this app called All-In-One Tool Box and this morning I ran a clean files and then cleared the cache for all apps. Not sure if this is the fix but that change system settings/apps permission screen does not come up anymore when I press the volume button. Granted it has only been a couple of hours but maybe it did the trick.

Last edited:

eddiecat

Dec 19, 2018
Visit site
Thanks painguin - unfortunately this didn't work for me, but hopefully it might help someone else. Fingers crossed it does the trick for you!