How do I get rid of this?

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
On my lock screen I keep getting a weather widget appear.
Im not a great fan of the weather apps/widgets and have disabled them but I cant seem to get rid of it on my home screen. I have looked at the settings and I must be blind because I cant find anything.
Cheers!

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-10-20-46-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-10-20-46-55.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 58

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Which type of lock screen do you have. It may be under the clock widget options depending on that.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
OK - Full edit:
I also disabled / turned off the Weather Widget in Applications manager, and the lock screen weather widget is still in the lock screen as you said.
I guess you can just avoid seeing it by swiping it up in to the clock display.
There are lock Screen experts on this forum!

You can also put a pin or password lock and it doesn't appear, but like me you may prefer swipe lock or no lock, just power button lock.
I see you only have one Lock Screen page. You may know you can add extra pages and widgets while in swipe to unlock mode, and change one of them to the default lock screen page with the small home icon thingy.
I'm out of ideas. :)

Last edited:

Bazza1

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
On my Note 3 running 4.4.2 -

One of the first things I got rid of - I think I touch/held the widget until the Remove waste can appeared and then dragged the widget to it. Its gone, regardless.

Meanwhile, if using the S Cover - Settings > Device > Lock Screen > S View Cover > Select info shown cover > slide it Off.

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replys. It makes no sense if you disable it that ut appears on the lock screen. I haven't set up password for the phone yet so I will do that. 👍

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I see there is a Weather Widget option under Clock Widget options in Lock Screen settings. You can stop it updating at all there, but again strangely you cannot remove it.
As said though, you should not see it on a day to day basis. It should only appear if you actively touch the clock to bring up a white border, where you can swipe down for the weather widget plus an agenda / events box; or swipe left or right for other lock screen widgets and pages if you have set them up from swipe lock mode.
You shouldn't need to set a pin lock to avoid the weather widget if you don't want to.

Convoluted and confusing layout - definitely!

zupy4u6e.jpg

yge5ezu7.jpg

ujanynat.jpg

hyretyve.jpg

edera6at.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You can put another widget on the lock screen

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Just done your suggestion. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

You mean stopping the updates or closing up the weather widget into a clock? Let us know if the weather widget still always appears on the Lock Screen.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I have just now changed the settings on my phone for the lock screen. I have now set a pin code and now i dont see any widgets at all. :D