How do I get this REDICULOUS /briefcase/ off my notification bar?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Better yet. How do I get the "Workspace" app off of my locked phone?
If you only knew my 5 month battle story with Samsung and AT@T. Very short answer to the battle. "If you can't send your phone in for 9-11 days there is no warranty" .... Excuse me.... "You have refused warranty."
ALSO,
"Note 8 S Pens are N L A"
in writing and a bunch more.... the word..... people should know about dealing with these two COMMUNISTIC companies. Like, "Why can't I get an unlock code for a phone I purchased outright?" "To MAKE YOU stay with the AT&T service for 6 months"
Oh. The answer I wrote above @ 9-11 Days... "" straight from the head of warranty at the PREZ office.

Anyway, I want the briefcase from the Workspace app off my notification bar. I've tried all I know. The app... says... It's disabled. I know. It's not. Neither are the others I have disabled.
I was wondering if or how I could do it.
Thanks,
David
P. S. I'm about to root this 3 month old Note 8. I do not care about warranty anymore. If it breaks I'll go buy an 🍏. APPLE
PREZ either scared to talk to me or out mowing lawns to pay that 1/2 billion to Apple.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
The warranty terms are "repair or replace at manufacturer discretion". They need the device to determine if it can be repaired easily or if it will warrant a replacement (with refurbished, also within their right under warranty). Some companies will do an "advanced replacement" where it's just a swap of the device (again, you'll likely get refurbished which is allowed under the terms of the warranty) but they put a hold against a credit card or bank account to cover the full cost of the device in the event you don't return the malfunctioning device.

Which side of the notification bar is the briefcase on? Have you looked in "device administrators" to see if there's one listed there that might be causing that? You also should have a "work mode" in quick settings that you can toggle off and may get that to disappear.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Martin_Markov