How do I go about updating a Verizon Tab S 10.5?

Steve Wilmes

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
Updating a Verizon Tab S 10.5

My Samsung Tab S 10.5 is labeled Verizon and running Android 4.4.2. I would like to update it but am running into issues. I am not on Verizon, I am on ATT and have an ATT SIM card and it works great. When I go to update I can see that the Software Version is T806VVRU1ANK1 and then I tell it to check for New Software update and am told 'Software Update is temporarily unavailable. Try again later.'

A guess is that it is Verizon software and Verizon would like to update it with a newer version of their software. I tried pulling my ATT SIM so it is WIFI only but same issue. I have tried it many times over several weeks so I don't believe the temporarily thing. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks, SW

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Updating a Verizon Tab S 10.5

My Samsung Tab S 10.5 is labeled Verizon and running Android 4.4.2. I would like to update it but am running into issues. I am not on Verizon, I am on ATT and have an ATT SIM card and it works great. When I go to update I can see that the Software Version is T806VVRU1ANK1 and then I tell it to check for New Software update and am told 'Software Update is temporarily unavailable. Try again later.'

A guess is that it is Verizon software and Verizon would like to update it with a newer version of their software. I tried pulling my ATT SIM so it is WIFI only but same issue. I have tried it many times over several weeks so I don't believe the temporarily thing. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks, SW
Welcome to Android Central!

It appears that the AT&T SIM is causing the problem? I would suggest downloading and installing KIES to a computer and use that to try updating the device. You can get KIES here: Kies

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance