How do I open my locked tab secured by a password

peerless cucumber

Nov 22, 2021
Visit site
So the battery in my galaxy tab E was 100 and it kept dying quickly so I had turned on ultra power saver mode. What I forgot was that previously my Samsung keyboard wasn't working so I had installed a random keyboard n it was functioning just fine with it. Now I even forgot to select the keyboard app in the selected working apps. To top it all, my tab is secured with a password. How do I open my tab...
Does the ultra power saver switch itself off when the battery dies?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It should, but you can always try to use the Bixby button for dictation or try to select a different input method (i.e. the stock keyboard app that shouldn't be put to sleep). Additionally you can try booting up your device into Safe Mode.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Galaxy Tab forum (which is for the ancient original Galaxy Tab) to the More Samsung Tablets forum, since we don't have a specific one for the Tab E.

Another option is to connect a basic USB keyboard using an OTG adapter.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So the battery in my galaxy tab E was 100 and it kept dying quickly so I had turned on ultra power saver mode. What I forgot was that previously my Samsung keyboard wasn't working so I had installed a random keyboard n it was functioning just fine with it. Now I even forgot to select the keyboard app in the selected working apps. To top it all, my tab is secured with a password. How do I open my tab...
Does the ultra power saver switch itself off when the battery dies?
You don't remember your password? Keyboard doesn't pop up?

Most likely going factory reset in recovery

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I believe OP knows their password, but is unable to enter it because no keyboard option comes up on the lockscreen.
Either way looks like going factory reset in recovery , out of all these types of question from forgotten password or keyboard not showing up resulted in usually factory reset in recovery , they can try safe mode slim chance but worth a try , external keyboard but need to open the phone to enable , bixby or Google dictation needs phone unlocked also .

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The scenario I'm thinking of is to connect a USB keyboard via OTG just to enter the lockscreen password, and if that work, then go to Settings>Apps and look for the keyboard app to make sure it's re-enabled.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The scenario I'm thinking of is to connect a USB keyboard via OTG just to enter the lockscreen password, and if that work, then go to Settings>Apps and look for the keyboard app to make sure it's re-enabled.
It might work, but I think u might have to give it permission but can't say 100%

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Unless it's a recent change to Android you don't need permissions to use a mouse or keyboard, I used to do it all the time with phones that had damaged screens.
You bring up a good point I'm thinking they have a current Andriod device with all its new permissions but they might have a shot at it being on a older Android version.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy