How do i permanently stop google searches from saving when im not even signed into a google account?

1amb

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
ok so, it used to be that if i restarted my phone for whatever reason that my google search settings would have to be reset each time. But now it seems theyve set it to where you have to sign in to adjust your search setting part. I do not sign in. I do not want it keeping my searches. i do not want to have to keep deleting each search one by one every time i search something. i have looked everywhere to find a solution to this. everyone i see says to go into specific settings that i dont even have on my phone. So idk what to do. Please can anyone help? Thank you.

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
You do have to be signed into a Google account in order to disable recent searches. The setting for that feature is within the account settings on the device.

1amb

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
Wow! so google has changed it then. It never used to do this. There used to be a general setting to just stop it, without ever needing to sign in. ive never signed in to use browser. theres no need for me to do that. i dont use google for anything except searching and because youre forced to get an email when you get an android phone. so idk how to fix except find another search engine. but is any better than google? i dont even know... Its way too annoying to have to delete my searches one by one or to have to keep signing into something i dont want to stay signed into. do you know if i even have any other options here?

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
You do not need to sign in to use Google. For your main issue they have 'Incognito Mode' which does what you want. Tap the top right settings in the Google search window to use. It will open a new browser with a distinct color and a different appearance.

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Even in Incognito Mode they still track you:
"Incognito mode is for protection from local snooping -- someone who might be looking through your browser's local history for example. Google absolutely can and does track your visits to their sites and services while you're in incognito mode. It's simply not designed to protect you from being tracked on the Web.