How do I regain administrative rights from a hacked android

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I'm having some problems with a hacked moto e5 plus. I'm wanting to know what options I have on taking over the administrative policies on the phone. He has also fixed it to where I literally have no way of getting in there to do anything. So please I really need to figure this out. Guy has done this to all the phones I've had for the last several months. Anything you can do to help would be awesome.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! First, you should contact the police about this. What this person is doing is a crime. If this person is a significant other, I realize that this can be a difficult situation, but this kind of abusive behavior can only degenerate into something even worse, so seek help, perhaps at a local women's shelter.

You should be able to do a hardware key factory reset: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-38022. Then when you set the phone up again, don't restore any previous backups, and don't let the phone automatically install any previous apps from the Play Store. Now install your usual apps on your own, and don't let this person touch your phone. Make sure it has a good password/PIN that no one else can guess easily. I also strongly recommend setting up 2-factor authentication for your Google account, if you haven't already done so, and any other sensitive account that offers this kind of increased security. Good luck!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I agree with changing the Google password, but don't do it until after setting up the phone, because if you change your password before you set it up, the phone won't let you log into the new phone for another 24 hours.

Also, if you were to create a brand new Google account, you wouldn't be able to access all of the data in your previous Google account (i.e., your contacts, mail, photos, etc.). If you didn't have any crucial information in your previous Google account, then by all means, create a new one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney