How do i select options in android recovery mode without power button?

Ma1_functi0n

Jul 15, 2022
Visit site
I accidentally put my tablet in android recovery mode but i can't select anything because my power button is broken so is there any way for me to select the reboot system now option without the power button?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Last edited by a moderator:

Ma1_functi0n

Jul 15, 2022
Visit site
I accidentally put my Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7 tablet in android recovery mode but i can't select anything because my power button is broken so is there any way for me to select the reboot system now option without the power button?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You'll probably have to get that Power button repaired, because otherwise there's also no way to force a shutdown or power the tablet back up.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I accidentally put my Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7 tablet in android recovery mode but i can't select anything because my power button is broken so is there any way for me to select the reboot system now option without the power button?

If the power button is just sticking or mushy, a little squirt of WD40 will fix it right up. If it's actually broken, and flopping around loosely, it'll probably need to be replaced, although the WD40 might still be worth a try... that stuff can do some surprising fixes ;)

Reactions: zahidworld

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
If the power button is just sticking or mushy, a little squirt of WD40 will fix it right up. If it's actually broken, and flopping around loosely, it'll probably need to be replaced, although the WD40 might still be worth a try... that stuff can do some surprising fixes ;)
WD40 is my everyday cologne

zahidworld

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

I was trying to resusciate some old phones and take them on holidays as backup phones. My old J3's power button does not respond and I was at a loss as to how to update it to Android 9.

Your solution worked brilliantly on the very first go!

Thank you. May you live long and prosper!

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I was trying to resusciate some old phones and take them on holidays as backup phones. My old J3's power button does not respond and I was at a loss as to how to update it to Android 9.

Your solution worked brilliantly on the very first go!

Thank you. May you live long and prosper!
You're very welcome... I'm glad it worked for you 👍 WD-40 has got me out of some very sticky situations as well 😉

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty