How do i send a master group contact list to everyone in the group?

AlisonC352

Dec 22, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I have a Samsung Galaxy S10+ (SM-G975U). My cell provider is Verizon & I use their Message+ app for texting. I recently created a group contact list for a bereavement support group I have been attending and has just ended. There are 8 of us who would like to stay in touch and we all agree that group texting will be the easiest way. The problem is that 6 out of the 8 of us have iPhones. When I created the group and tried to share the group contact list, the people with iPhones only got the 1st contact card in the list. The other Android user (besides myself) got the whole group contact list. Is there something I can do (or a setting I can change) that will allow the iPhone users to receive all the contacts from the group contact list instead of just the 1st one when I try to share the list with everyone?

Thanks for your help!

Thanks Laura and Joe. I ended up just sending the VCards individually. Glad there were only 8!

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried creating a new group message by adding each person's number in the text? That has always worked for me when I've sent messages to groups of family and friends, no matter what phones they use.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Since there is only eight of you, sending each VCF in a separate message would get the job done, as ugly as that is. Otherwise you could just put the names and numbers in the message body for manual name entries into the receivers' contact list.

Otherwise you need to experiment to see what options are available to you for both the saving of the contact info and for the sharing of it.

On my LG phone, the exporting of the contacts in the group by the Contacts app seems to want to put the members into separate VCF files. The sending of the multiple files seems to not be the problem. Unfortunately, you have no control over what iMessage service and app does/does-not do with the files. Also unfortunately, iMessage seems to not play with the SMS world as well as it should.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201