How do I set defaults

Holly Kramer

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Samsung galaxy edge...almost every action I take, I am forced to pick a program to use. It then asks if I want to use it always or just once. Then it tells me to clear defaults. This is getting really old. Most often it is touchwhiz home and touchwhiz easy home. Please tell me how to pick the program so that it stays picked

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! After you select the default and select Always, the message that comes up is simply a reminder to you about how to clear defaults. It's not telling you to actually clear them at that moment. There's probably a checkbox in that message to tell the system not to show that message again.

Holly Kramer

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
I haven't noticed a ck box but I will look harder next time. The thing is I always use the always choice and the next time it makes me choose again. I dont go clear the defaults.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, but that message is still intended only as a reminder. I guess it will always appear when you select "Always" for a default. Just acknowledge the message and go about your business. You don't have to go to the App Manager to clear the defaults again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke