How do I set the voicemail phone number on T-Mobile LG G2?

A

AC Question

Setting the voicemail phone number on t-mobile lg g2

This is my first smartphone and I've already realized that perhaps I shouldn't have purchased a smartphone that is smater than I am. I can't figure out from the Youtube videos what phone number I should be entering where that opportunity is available during voicemail "setup." There is some number I do not recognize already there. Should simply be entering my own mobile phone number?

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Setting the voicemail phone number on t-mobile lg g2

Dial 611 and T-Mobile tech support will walk you through voicemail setup.

Android user since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

I can't figure out from the Youtube videos what phone number I should be entering where that opportunity is available during voicemail "setup." There is some number I do not recognize already there. Should simply be entering my own mobile phone number?
No, that's the number of your voice mailbox - it's the number your phone calls to get your voicemails, and it can even be in a different area code than your number is (mine is).

Jim Mohundro

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site

I had a good telephone session with T-Mobile today. My voicemail had already been set up but the bare minimum LG G2 operating guide supplied with my mobile phone did not account for the fact that it was a refurb, so the set up routine (entering an undefined number) was wholly unnecessary. I did have a saved call for, I guess, the previous owner/user of the number assigned me. It was a call from Comcast for that previous user. T-Mobile suggested that if I received any more of those calls, I should call Comcast to have number/subscriber scrubbed from its records. Otherwise, I was quite satisified with the T-Mobile support which also included a friendly and helpful response to some of my more general phone questions like deleting emails, etc.

i

l]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred