How do I stop the Galaxy Store from spamming me to death?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Every time I open my phone there is another notification from the Galaxy store spamming me to death.

I don't see any way to stop the notifications

How in the world do I stop the galaxy store from spamming me?

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Get a Pixel, or an iPhone.

I'm only partly kidding. But seriously, in think it's just how Samsung rolls. There was a video about how Poco was able to offer such low prices on their phones, and the reason was ads. Ads with every click of your phone helped subsidize the cost.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Get a Pixel, or an iPhone.

I'm only partly kidding. But seriously, in think it's just how Samsung rolls. There was a video about how Poco was able to offer such low prices on their phones, and the reason was ads. Ads with every click of your phone helped subsidize the cost.

Have an iPhone 13 Pro Max but my S22 Ultra is still getting spammed to death by the galaxy store :-\

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I could have sworn Sammy went on record and even made a statement about how they were going to cut back and even eliminate all the random ads that were all over their UI. I personally don't see any one my Note 10+, but maybe because I'm a lost cause to them. I also turn off all notifications, unless they're from messaging apps and banking apps.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is your issue but are the options to turn on notifications about games , news and special options clicked off? The options are in the Galaxy store settings.
94df8c4db56c77d8a806c047ec3f505c.jpg

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I could have sworn Sammy went on record and even made a statement about how they were going to cut back and even eliminate all the random ads that were all over their UI. I personally don't see any one my Note 10+, but maybe because I'm a lost cause to them. I also turn off all notifications, unless they're from messaging apps and banking apps.

Samsung did pull ads from some of their apps. I don't get them in their weather app or the Samsung Music app anymore. I'm not sure if they pulled ads from the Samsung Pay app as I don't use it. The Galaxy Store has an ad at the bottom of the page when you first open it to promote games & apps. I guess they feel it's okay to display ads in the App Store. It is a little annoying, I agree.

I don't get them very often anymore, however. Not sure what changed.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Have an iPhone 13 Pro Max but my S22 Ultra is still getting spammed to death by the galaxy store :-\
I've never seen such spamming on any of my Samsung phones. All I get are notifications of app updates, and that's only a few times a month.

As suggested above, have you turned off the various notification categories in "Settings" > "Apps" > "Galaxy Store" > "Notifications" > "Notification categories" ?

But just to be sure, what does this spamming look like? And what makes you think it's from the Galaxy Store to begin with?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I've never seen such spamming on any of my Samsung phones. All I get are notifications of app updates, and that's only a few times a month.

As suggested above, have you turned off the various notification categories in "Settings" > "Apps" > "Galaxy Store" > "Notifications" > "Notification categories" ?

But just to be sure, what does this spamming look like? And what makes you think it's from the Galaxy Store to begin with?

Thanks everyone. Yea, these were all turned on so I just switched them back off. I believe that after the latest update they reset themselves back on again.

They are just lock screen notifications that pop up every time I would open the phone. The area to turn off the notifications is always greyed out and can't switch it off. Hopefully turning off the above will help my problem.

Last edited:

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Every time I open my phone there is another notification from the Galaxy store spamming me to death.

I don't see any way to stop the notifications

How in the world do I stop the galaxy store from spamming me?

I would turn off auto updates from the Galaxy store and Google play store. I have them all off and go in every couple of days and only update what I use. And turning off the notifications like you did should help tremendously as well ;)

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site

Hoping doing this works as it has been annoying of late getting the Galaxy Store notifications.

Shellcracker

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
I've had I think 2 ads from the Galaxy store in the whole 2 weeks I've had my S22(2 of them counting the exchanges unit), not been too bad to me. Of course others may see different mileage and get more than me or even less.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I've had I think 2 ads from the Galaxy store in the whole 2 weeks I've had my S22(2 of them counting the exchanges unit), not been too bad to me. Of course others may see different mileage and get more than me or even less.
I have gotten two ads in month I have had my ultra
Where do you see these ads? In the Galaxy Store itself? Or somewhere outside of the store while using the phone for other things.

I'm just trying to understand where this happens.

I see an ad about every 3rd or 4th time I open the Galaxy Store, one that I just dismiss with the "don't show again" option. But that's it. I don't consider that spamming. At least not the same way as if there were ad pop-ups happening doing other things like reading emails, or while in the middle of a Teams or Zoom meeting.

Shellcracker

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
Where do you see these ads? In the Galaxy Store itself? Or somewhere outside of the store while using the phone for other things.

I'm just trying to understand where this happens.

I see an ad about every 3rd or 4th time I open the Galaxy Store, one that I just dismiss with the "don't show again" option. But that's it. I don't consider that spamming. At least not the same way as if there were ad pop-ups happening doing other things like reading emails, or while in the middle of a Teams or Zoom meeting.

Once in the Galaxy Store, and the other across my lock/notification screen. I am perfectly fine with em doing ads if they do it lightly like that and not oversaturate ya with like 15 a day.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Samsung use to be worse. With my Note 8 I remember you'll get a random ad pop up the moment you open the app... but the difference with the ones they do now is that they thought it would be great if the ad had music play at open and would be obnoxious and loud.

Enough so that it led me to finding and buying a lifetime license to AdGuard to block ads in my browsers and apps. Love Adguard and did a great job but Samsung would figure out people were blocking and they would figure their way to still be able to get their pop-up ads through. I'd report it to AdGuard and they would be able to find it and block it but then the ads would come back and I gave up on spending the time to report it to AdGuard to catch it.

One shouldn't have to deal with something stupid like that on a phone retailing for over $1000. Their ads that pop up now at opening don't come up all the time and at least quiet so I just live with it. Funny how it gives you a button to "Not show this anymore" but doesn't mean don't show ads anymore... just this one. :confused:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke