How do I text a number to my phone to verify that it’s my phone?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have lost a credit card so I called my bank. They wanted
to verify me through my phone number but they could not get the verification to go through 3 times. I have no idea why. They gave me a number to text back to them but I don’t know how to text to them without them being in my phone.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
What kind of texting app are you using?

What phone are you using?

Somewhere in that app there's a way to start a text or conversation, then there's usually a place to type in the number.

Pretty basic stuff, really.

Please consider signing up to be a member here. It's free. That way we can have a conversation and you can respond. You can't respond otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Also, check with your carrier to make sure Premium SMS (also called short code SMS) is enabled. Short code SMS is when a business sends a text from a number that's usually 5 or 6 digits (instead of the standard 10 digit number). Carriers often have an option to block this kind of text since it could be used by scammers -- but more and more legit companies require it for 2-factor authentication, so it doesn't make sense to block it any more.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae