How do I text multiple people at once but not a group text

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I would like to know how I can send a text to multiple people, but NOT a group text/chat

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
A group text is just that by definition, sending a single text message simultaneously out to multiple recipients. But given text messaging has become a broken form of communication because of all the different, proprietary text protocols competing with each other (iMessage vs. WhatsApp vs. RCS vs. etc., etc.), it's still a matter where most text messages exchanged between two people are either SMS or MMS on the receiving end. The issue group text messages are sent as MMS when needed, and for some of those exchanges MMS relies upon mobile data (cellular) connectivity.
So you want to send group text messages but not send out an actual group text messages, a bit of a contradiction on itself. Send out each text message individually to each recipient, using copy and paste so you don't need to retype the content.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
My guess is that the OP doesn't want each recipient to see all the other numbers that got the same message.

The only option is like you said - send the same message out individually to each number... one at a time.

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
Can I get a mod to delete the duplicates and also this post?

I kept getting an error message and it appeared the post kept failing. Apparently, it was still posting.

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
Under "advanced" then "group massaging", there seems to be a way to get individual reply SMS text messages as opposed to replies in a GroupMMS. It says "Mass Text" in the pop-up box. Not sure if that is just about how the replies come in or also about how the initial message is sent. I suggest doing a test. Maybe that is a way to do a "broadcast" SMS text message.

MassText.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital