How do I transfer a Paid App to a New Phone?

rjf111

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Transferring a Paid App to a New Phone

Just bought a new phone. Almost all of the apps on the old phone were picked up and automatically installed on the new one. One of the exceptions was one of my paid apps -- it didn't transfer over. If I uninstall it from the old phone, will I be able to install it on the new one without having to pay for it again? Or is there some other way?

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Transferring a Paid App to a New Phone

Assuming both devices include the Play Store you shouldn't even need to uninstall it. On your new phone, search for the app in the Play Store. It should show as Purchased and give you an Install button with no need to pay again.

If it does not, there are a couple possibilities. The most likely would be that the app developer has since "republished" the app under a slightly different listing, causing you to use your license for it. If that's the case, you would need to contact the developer to see if he would give you a license for the new listing of the app or if he really wants you to buy it again.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Transferring a Paid App to a New Phone

You can reinstall the app at no charge, but any custom saved data like game progress and saved files won't automatically transfer. If possible, a cloud sync would be easiest if the app supports it. Another option would be see if the app will backup data to an external SD card that you can move to the new phone. You could also try something like Helium to do it independent of the app settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey