How do i transfer my camera photos to my laptop?!

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
I changed my phone to a camera device on the phone itself so I could choose to import my pictures to my laptop. God forbid its that easy. I opened the folder full of my imported pictures and the folder is just full of random stock photos. None of which were actually on my device. It did manage to copy a few pictures that were actually on my device but even then, it made hundreds of random copies of the same 10 photos. Doing this on my old iphone would've taken 30 seconds. As soon as I my upgrade comes back around i'm most definitely going back to apple. I've had nothing but problems with this phone. I wouldn't even have had to upload these pictures to my laptop if I wasnt going on my 3RD device in the same year. Please help

kyleman86

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
so im using airdroid for tranfering my pictures from my camera to a laptop. it`s working fine and it`s very easy. you can download the app in the google playstore

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, from personal experience I've found transferring the photos a breeze on any Android phone. When you connect the phone to the laptop does the file manager open? usually photos taken with the phone are stored in a folder call DCIM - look for that. Also are you using an SD card? maybe the phone is saving the photos to that instead of the phones internal storage.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
What @The Tall Guy says. Perhaps you just looked in the wrong folder. God forbid they should make it simple like "pictures" or "photos" but nope. LMAO! Been that way on digital cameras for years... Look in one of two places. On the DEVICE, look for folder called "DCIM". Also, on your external SD card (if you have one) it is ALSO called "DCIM".

Your photos are in there. Here's what I do, personally.

1) Allow Google Photos to back up my photos to my account. I use "high quality" so that the storage is all free.

2) About every week or so, I plug in my phone to my laptop, go to the DCIM folders (I have an SD card so my main photos are stored there, but sometimes the HDR or burst shots are stored on the phone itself), and CUT (as in CUT and PASTE), and MOVE the entire DCIM folder to my laptop. That removes the photos from my phone and gives me my space back. Then I store them on a permanent drive that gets backed up. That way I NEVER have to worry about losing my photos. Don't worry about removing the DCIM folder, your camera will just keep re-creating it.

EMT3816

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
I use a program called SyncMe. My home computer is always on. At midnight my phone automatically uploads any new photos directly to my computer. No need to hook the phone up to the computer.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk