How do I update the LG Shine Plus to 2.3?

iameli432

Aug 31, 2011
www.youtube.com
I have this program on my computer called "LGMobile update", and apparently it can update my Android firmware from 2.1 to 2.3. However, whenever I launch the program, it says that my phone is disconnected, even though I can clearly see that it is. I installed the drivers, and have them updated completely, and I can see the little "USB connected" icon on my phone in the upper left corner... I even put the "debug when plugged in" option in the settings... but the program still thinks my phone is not connected... Is there any way to fix this? And is this even the right way to upgrade my phone, or is there another, maybe easier or faster way? Thanks!

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I would say, it's a driver issue.

When you plug in usb, it's always going to say USB connected, as it detects the incoming power from the USB port. It doesn't mean the app can see it.

At first, I would uninstall, then re-install the app. Then check for updates to the app.

If it still won't show it connected, I would download a "USB driver pack for Android" and install them manually. You can google this, or try this link;

http://developer.android.com/sdk/oem-usb.html

There's some other drivers you can try, like for the android dev kit, but I would try the first 2 suggestions first, as the dev kit may be for specific phones.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueSun