How do you fix a Galaxy S4 that won't charge?

Alyssa Haegena

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi. Okay so a few days ago, I plugged my Galaxy S4 into its charger while it was shutting down because the battery died. I don't know if it's important that it was shutting down or not, but I thought I would mention it just in case. Then, when I tried to turn it on, it just kept vibrating like it was trying to turn on but couldn't. A couple of times it showed the loading logo, but that's as far as it got to turning on. This was while it was still plugged in. I left it plugged in for a couple of hours, thinking maybe it was just too dead to turn on at all, even while charging, but when I came back, it was still doing the same thing. I turned to this forum for help and someone suggested I take out the battery, hold the power button down for 30 seconds and then put the battery back in. That worked and my phone turned on. It held a charge great, but then today when I plugged it in, it didn't start charging at all. I tried a couple different chargers, so that's not the problem. I also tried plugging it into my PC versus an outlet and that didn't make a difference either. It's like it's not recognizing that it's plugged in. I thought maybe the battery was just broken. It doesn't look weird or anything though and if it was the battery, wouldn't it still be recognized by the PC when I plugged it in because it's not even doing that. Suggestions?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It sure sounds like the battery has died. Try a new one, or borrow a friend's--that's the easiest test.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Either that or the charging point isn't connected inside. (They're VERY fragile, and a little rough handling can disconnect a pin or two.) If another battery doesn't fix it, you'll have a spare battery and you can have the port fixed. And in the future, when the battery gets down to about 40%, charge it or swap the spare battery in. Letting it get down to near 0 frequently kills the battery quickly.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pkd