How do you restart the phone on a brand new Moto Z?

msmith129

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
When trying to test out new phone, pressed camera icon and received error message, "restart camera" and I tried cutting phone off and back on again and again same error message. We tried the help section of the phone and did the testing and nothing works. When I used front facing camera it shows the image but not able to take picture. Help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! To power off the phone, press and hold Power for about a second to bring up the Power menu. There should be a Power Off option, and possibly a Restart option.

You can try booting into Safe Mode to see if the camera works then: https://motorola-global-portal.cust...prod_answer_detail/a_id/112137/p/30,6720,9833. If it does, then something you installed is causing the problem -- uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away.

turbochgd

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
When trying to test out new phone, pressed camera icon and received error message, "restart camera" and I tried cutting phone off and back on again and again same error message. We tried the help section of the phone and did the testing and nothing works. When I used front facing camera it shows the image but not able to take picture. Help!

You could go into settings-apps-camera and disable it. Then reboot your phone and go in and enable it and see if this clears up the issue.

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
What was the outcome of this?