How Does the Upgrade Plan Work?

Cool Gabagool

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm used to upgrading once a year by using my own upgrade or an upgrade from someone on my plan. I liked the fact that I could pay a small fee up-front to completely own the phone and then have a consistent monthly bill. It seems like my upgrade to the S6 edge last year will have been the last time I could upgrade through this method.

Can someone breakdown the new upgrade system to me in detail?

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
How long have you been a sprint customer? Like myself, we are grandfathered in....existing customers before the change, can still upgrade like you're saying. I prefer that as well.
$0-200 for for phone and my regular monthly bill. I can even sell the phone back after a year and make even more than what I bought it for.

The new method sucks! (Thx to T-Mobile for getting the ball rolling grrr) monthly phone payments, higher monthly service payments, and the phone is never yours! To sell or keep. Sucks

cerob

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Existing customers can still upgrade via 2 year contracts, for now.

If you go to upgrade and they only mention lease or monthly installments, just tell them that you want 2 year contract pricing or you will cancel, they will get you the 2 year contract pricing, as it is Sprint policy.

Cool Gabagool

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
I've been a Sprint customer for about 6 years now. I couldn't agree more. I sold my S5 and another old phone and got the S6 for like $30 the day it came out. I don't like paying for a phone in installments. I want to buy it straight up and have full ownership.

Posted via the Android Central App

Cool Gabagool

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
Existing customers can still upgrade via 2 year contracts, for now.

If you go to upgrade and they only mention lease or monthly installments, just tell them that you want 2 year contract pricing or you will cancel, they will get you the 2 year contract pricing, as it is Sprint policy.

I read that it was supposed to end at the end of last year. Will they still honor it when I go to upgrade in June?

Last year they were trying to manipulate me into doing the lease thing but I wasn't havin' it!

cerob

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I read that it was supposed to end at the end of last year. Will they still honor it when I go to upgrade in June?

Last year they were trying to manipulate me into doing the lease thing but I wasn't havin' it!

Yes, they are still honoring it now and will continue to honor it for existing accounts, for the foreseeable future. Now the "lead offer" is now lease and/or Monthly installments, but 2 year contract option is still available for customers who had that option previously.

Now of you make a change to your acct like changing acct types or moving the number to a new account, then you will lose the contract option immediately.

Cool Gabagool

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
Yes, they are still honoring it now and will continue to honor it for existing accounts, for the foreseeable future. Now the "lead offer" is now lease and/or Monthly installments, but 2 year contract option is still available for customers who had that option previously.

Now of you make a change to your acct like changing acct types or moving the number to a new account, then you will lose the contract option immediately.

Ok, awesome. Thanks for the information. That means a 2 yr. contract for the ~$200 subsidized price, right?

I'll be choosing that method in June to upgrade to the Nexus 6P or S7 😆.

cerob

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok, awesome. Thanks for the information. That means a 2 yr. contract for the ~$200 subsidized price, right?

I'll be choosing that method in June to upgrade to the Nexus 6P or S7 😆.

Yes that is what I mean by a 2 year contract.

You won't be getting a Nexus 6P through Sprint directly as they don't sell that phone, you will just have to check around for your available options when you are ready to upgrade.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mahendra K