How exactly do notifications appear on S2 (BT from the S7)?

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I may want to buy the S2 (but looking at moto 360 2nd also). What I would like to know is when you get a notification on the S7 (and enabled it in the gear app) how does it appear on the S2? Does it depend on watch face? What I would like is a pop-up, vibrate, turn screen on if was off (and stay on at least for a while). I read to view notifications you need to rotate the dial but I wasn't sure how you know what you got to begin with. I think AW has a notification card that pops up (?). I also just read in a thread that they can be hit or miss like if the watch is sleeping or something. Main reason I want a watch is I don't always feel the S7 vibrating and I miss a call or notification, so having this vibrate also should help. Also how is the strength of the vibrator?

rodalfa

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
The notifications work quite well, you can configure it to wake up watch, show title or title and details, vibrate, etc. The only problem with them is that whatsapp notifications only show the last message (if you get 2 or 3 messages of same conversation, last one overwrite previous ones and can only read last one)