How is the Atrix expensive?

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
It seems about right, the same standard 200USD on contract, you don't need to buy the extremely pointless laptop dock, that's a bigger gimick than 4g.

Sent from my Nexus S

EJL1980

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
It seems about right, the same standard 200USD on contract, you don't need to buy the extremely pointless laptop dock, that's a bigger gimick than 4g.

Sent from my Nexus S

I think the majority of people are upset about the laptop dock and how it requires a tethering plan.

At first I was upset as well, but as time passes, it bothers me less and less.

dtboos

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The phone is priced normal. The docking stations are overpriced, and the laptop docking station is rediculous. $300 (+tethering fee) on contract, $500 off contract.

corneliusm

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

You're absolutely right. I'm still planning on getting the Atrix (as long as I can keep my unlimited data). The docks, while gimmicky, would be of some use if we could extend them (rumor has it Motorola is going to release an API for devs to make their own laptop apps). It had promise, before AT&T dropped the price bombshell on us.

It was a disappointment, but I wouldn't feel so cheated had AT&T not insulted my intelligence by claiming it does more than a netbook, but that's for a different thread...