How is the battery life on your verizon Moto x 2014, and how is the leather holding up?

ellover009

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys. I am looking to get an VZ 2014 moto x but I have some concerns.
I been reading reviews and some mention the phone has miserable battery life but other reviews don't talk about battery being bad on CDMA ver on lolipop. So how is the battery life holding up for you guys?
I was also a little stuck on how which back to get. I was going to go with Bamboo but thought maybe I am more of a leather man if it holds up well.
Can you guys tell me how the leather is holding up on your phones?
I think I might go Navy but it says delays on build page and I don't know how long it would be delayed. Does anyone have a picture with a good representation of their leather back on the phone they can share? and which color do you like best?
The moto builder is a poor representation of the final look.
I am also wondering if with leather if the phone will still fit into some sort of slider belt clip case?

mbar9607

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I went all black to stay with a neutral colored device in case I decided to sell it and so far it's nice overall and battery isn't that bad but it's not a maxx device either

ellover009

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
good to hear the battery is not too bad, Certainly doesn't look as good as some other phone models thou. I wish they would have opted for a bigger battery even if the phone got a little thicker. Cognac doesn't look too bad, but the traditional colors are good too. Things were a lot easier when the phones came in 1 or 2 colors.

66racer

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I can't comment on the visual questions but battery life is much better than reviewers make it out to be. Don't know what site but think phone arena did a battery test and the moto x 2014 beat the s4 in battery life but obviously not the s5.

Depending on use with all the bells and whistles on (NFC, GPS etc) with normal use which includes some music streaming, navigation, web browsing I get about 2.5hrs screen by 15-20%

If I turn off WiFi, NFC, Bluetooth, location (unless I need it) it gets much better. For instance today I'm at 56% and have 2hr5min screen on.

Dirtman16

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my first full day with it, and the battery seems like it's going to be fine. I've got 54% after 9 hours off charger with about an hour and 15 minutes screen on. And that was starting at around 90%. It seems a bit better than my old Droid DNA, especially on standby.

Also, the turbo charger is legit. If you have any small window to hook that thing up, it charges very quickly. Almost make the marginal battery a non-issue. The only case I wouldn't recommend this is if you have the screen on 4-5 hours a day or work somewhere without a power source for long lengths of time.

cdmta

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I love my cognac/black front version. Its gorgeous. Battery is maybe a little less than the previous X. I get maybe 16 hours or so. Perfect for me and I have the turbo charger just in case I need a bump.

Attachments

• IMG_20141203_150344979.jpg
    IMG_20141203_150344979.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 42

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary