How is this tablet?

k2ldc10

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering whether owners are happy with this tablet. This doesn't seem to be a hot forum for posts. Is it worth getting? The price seems reasonable.

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
its pretty great. in fact there isnt much left to fix hence the lack of traffic here.

browser is great
battery great
netflix great
games great
and the apps are pretty fantastic even if they are not all "made for tablets"

it works like a champ

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
This is a great tablet. Worth every penny I spend on it!

It's a great value, especially when you consider the fact that you can expand the storage cheaply and easily, or swap storage in and out if that's your preference. Battery life is excellent, it's fast and responsive, and I'm very happy with the apps, including those not optimized for Honeycomb.

And, like others, I've never had a problem so there's not a whole lot to say!

MeshiaSamurai

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Just got mine last week, but I've been using the heck out of it and I'm very happy with my purchase. I got the docking station as well, so I can really output some writing for my classes. Works like a charm. Asus really married the tablet and the dock together right.

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Just got mine a few days ago and very impressed on how well it handles.I originally purchased an acer A100 and returned it for the transformer and i am not looking back

Kamin

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I got mine on Monday so I've barely started pimping it out. Despite the short amount of time that I've had it, I'm loving it. It's fast, smooth and responsive with everything I've thrown at it so far. I was doubtful that I could love another device as much as my EVO 4G. Man was I wrong.

k2ldc10

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone. Sounds like a winner to me. I was looking to get a SGT 10.1 but I'm not impressed with what I have read about Samsung support and updates. And I like the micro SD feature without needing an adapter.

END

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
We looked long and hard at many different tablets.

I will say this.
If one is in the market for a tablet it really comes down to just the -
Asus Transformer
Apple iPad2
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (though I would take the Transformer over it any day)

In addition, PC Magazine just did their Top Readers and Editor Picks for 2011
In the Tablet catagory the winner was-
(For the readers choice)... Asus Transformer
(For the editors choice).... A virtual tie between the Asus Transformer & Apple iPad2.

Readers' Choice Awards 2011: Tablets and Ebook Readers | PCMag.com

*It would be nice if this sub-forum was a little bit more busy, but I suppose everyone is playing with their Transformer.*

Reactions: popularbelief

MeshiaSamurai

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I had the same thought when I first dropped in here, END. This place is kind of low on traffic.

I too looked at a lot of different tablets. Based on price, functionality and the overall feel, I think the Transformer has them all beat on everything but the color. lol Though, I admit, the metallic maroon/purplish hardware is growing on me.

k2ldc10

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have a screen protector on their tablet? Just wondering if I should consider one with such a large screen.

END

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
We have two tablets and no screen protector on either.
The Transformer uses Gorilla Glass so there really should be no problem.

:)

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
the traffic is a little slower in here because it certainly is not as popular a tablet as the xoom or the galaxy tab. make no mistake though, this tablet is just as awesome. ive used the other two tablets as well, and all three are solid. what pushed me over the top on the transformer was the keyboard dock. without that, i wouldnt have been able to use the tab to replace my netbook, which is what i was aiming to do.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Love my Transformer. It's a blend of both worlds. Touch and keyboard. Easy to use. No problems. Great extension of my Android experience from my EVO. Mind you, I haven't used any other tablet. :D

I've had mine since launch day and no scratches on the screen.

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
As far as I can tell, the only real difference in android tablets at this time is form factor, ports, etc, and overall general hardware and accessories. To me, the best accessory out there at the moment is the Transformer Dock. With Honeycomb being the same across the board, the Transformer's dock pretty much separates it from the pack for now. It's a no brainer as far as I'm concerned to own this device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol