how long to take your battery to charge up?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I let the battery drop to battery power saver alert notifying me. .
I plugged it in at 9:50 p.m. and it was fully charged by 11:55 p.m. Not rooted. Stock battery

Not talking about how long the battery stayed charged during the day. Only discussing how long it takes to charge up.

That's decent I think ! How long for your Thunderbolt to charge?

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I let the battery drop to battery power saver alert notifying me. .
I plugged it in at 9:50 p.m. and it was fully charged by 11:55 p.m. Not rooted. Stock battery

Not talking about how long the battery stayed charged during the day. Only discussing how long it takes to charge up.

That's decent I think ! How long for your Thunderbolt to charge?

MIne usually takes longer because while it is charging I am messing with it and texting. I have the docking station that I plug it in when I go to bed and let it charge. I have a car charger and I also have a charger at work....so, I am usually fully charged. I do let mine drain about once a month to condition it.

If I don't mess with my phone while charging, I think I am about 2.5 - 3 hours. I do notice though if I use my sons SAMSUNG Charger, it take a lot longer. My guess is that because it isn't rated for my Thunderbolt!...only use it in emergencies....or I am lazy to get up and get my charger....LOLOL

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Car chargers will rapidly charge up the phone. I don't keep it on continually though. Once the phone is charged I remove it. Car chargers don't have a memory sensor in them. Can cause overcharging.
I sold wireless 3 years ago and had seen where car chargers over used could ruin batteries. Had customers actually needing to replace the batteries back then. I don't know if car chargers have improved since then. This may sound stupid to some of you, but this is what I was taught when I sold wireless.
Our wall chargers that come with the phones have a memory sensor. It will stop charging when the phone has reached its full charge.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Car chargers will rapidly charge up the phone. I don't keep it on continually though. Once the phone is charged I remove it. Car chargers don't have a memory sensor in them. Can cause overcharging.
I sold wireless 3 years ago and had seen where car chargers over used could ruin batteries. Had customers actually needing to replace the batteries back then. I don't know if car chargers have improved since then. This may sound stupid to some of you, but this is what I was taught when I sold wireless.
Our wall chargers that come with the phones have a memory sensor. It will stop charging when the phone has reached its full charge.

Thanks Jude.....I did not know that about Car Chargers.

Also, your probably about my age, so I feel bad calling you MOM....but I will call you SISTER...ok?....LOLOL

Reactions: Jude526