How long would/could/should they hold our $$?

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
Isn't there a certain point where they (any company offer pre-orders) should provide refunds until an actual delivery/release date can be scheduled? Otherwise they are gaining tons of interest off money that really isn't theirs (yet).

ImNoPrince

May 7, 2012
Visit site
None as you have the right to cancel at any time. this gives you a full refund as they haven't delivered the goods yet. You it's in your ballpark no theirs. Now if they see this might really carry into months they could just cancel all orders and issue but I don't see that happening.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
None as you have the right to cancel at any time. this gives you a full refund as they haven't delivered the goods yet. You it's in your ballpark no theirs. Now if they see this might really carry into months they could just cancel all orders and issue but I don't see that happening.

Except you can't cancel at any time. That very brief window already passed. Sprint is claiming that pre-orders have already been picked and packed; they're all waiting in a warehouse somewhere with people's names on them, and it would be impossible to start pulling out the canceled ones. So KahneFan's question is rather relevant.

Would anybody be happy if this dragged on until August and beyond? Especially as people may be enjoying that "other" Android super-phone by that time, and you can't because your upgrade is tied up at a warehouse "just waiting to ship as soon as we can get them to you?"

danibal

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Sprint is actually (I believe) skirting the rules that say you can't take payment until you ship by posting your pre-payment as a payment towards your account. Not sure how kosher this is, but I don't see them as having to return your money as technically you haven't paid for the phone yet.

ninhead

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I like how my credit from paying for the phone has now disappeared, even though I've been had the money taken out of my account, and now my new bill has gone through showing its full positive balance. I don't see this ending well. Sprint's billing system is awful, and the CS isn't much better. This situation sucks.

ImNoPrince

May 7, 2012
Visit site
This is all on them and if they didn't want to Cancel my Order on my request then I would just do a Credit card dispute as that's how I paid for it. It would go right through with little resistance from my experience dealing with the credit cards issues before.

As far as what's showing on my Bill it comes and goes every time they do any type of update so not worried about that either.

I don't care and the only time it will become an issue for me is if I decide to go with another Phone if it extends out to far. I already paid the card off and the little bit they are making off me doesn't bother me 1 bit.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bramhast