How many people already gave up on Thunderbolt

jd10984

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
How much money Verizon Wireless is losing each day they delay?

I know on this board alone I have seen quite a few people give up waiting for it. I am really close to it myself but I continue to be patient and I have been waiting since November so blahhh lol. As long as it comes out this month I will hold strong but if we get to the end of the month with no release date (very doubtful) I will give up on it for sure.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
should do a poll.

Im still getting it..well unless the month of feb. ends without a release date announced by VZW then all bets are off.

czimbaldi

Banned
Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
If I wasn't stuck on Verizon I'd probably already have pre-ordered an Atrix or have an Inspire by now. The next major Android phone that hits Verizon is what I'm getting, and I was under the assumption that would be Thunderbolt.

funguy123us

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I am watching Atrix forums also. If I here someone saying that they got their Atrix in hand and we still have not heard the firm date from vzw i am giving up too.

You only very limited time left Verizon!!

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
My updated theory on all this is that Verizon was waiting to see what AT&T was going to do when they modified their data plans this past week. That way Verizon knew exactly what to price theirs at to stay ahead of AT&T

As for the release date, I don't think Feb 14 was ever accurate and that someone on the inside at Best Buy or Verizon screwed up and dropped an incorrect date on us. blackmanx originally said they wanted to do it early- to mid-March, but once AT&T announced they would be selling the Atrix on March 4, Verizon knew they had to get to the playing field first, so they bumped it up to late Feb

I'm still rolling with Feb 24th. Only 10 days to go. We'll all survive :p

jd10984

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I really wonder if Verizon knows or cares how frustrated people are getting over this and just gives us a release date already..

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I think its worth the wait. I don't want another Moto device that has a locked boot-loader. I like the openness of HTC phones. And the newer Snapdragon with 768MB of RAM is gonna make the phone plenty fast. I've played with the HD7 and Inspire 4G (which has the same SLCD Screen as the Thunderbolt) and its beautiful. Integrated Skype(Don't forget Qik), the beast kickstand, Dolby Digital Sound, the improved 8MP Rear Camera with Dual Flash, AND last but no least, it's not Bing'd out like the Merge will probably be.

Yeah, I'm still on for this phone. Plus I preordered it at BB lol

Mustang7303

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
The delay with no announced reasoning, and still no solid release date known has me considering other avenue. I am starting to feel that if the device is ever released to market, it will be plagued with quirk after quirk that ends up crippling a flagship phone. I do not want my first android experience to leave a bad taste in my mouth because VZW can't get their **** together.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my Sprint Palm Pre, and have considered getting a Pre Plus off ebay to activate off cract for a year to get both lines under a family plan again and wait for dual core optimized devices to come along.

rigorx

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Dude, they losing next to nothing. You realize folks on smartphone forums make up probably something like only 0.3% of their customers. Everyone else is humming along happily on their current VZW phones, and will be stoked when VZW officially announces the TBolt and its in store a week or so later.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
its true... I was 4 weeks away from getting an Incredible..and I decided to do my normal "before I buy this phone" check and google "up coming verizon smartphones" just to see if there was anything maybe coming in feb. and saw the Tbolt. if I had not checked I would have had an DInc Tuesday of last week. its my own fault for looking :p

rigorx

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
its true... I was 4 weeks away from getting an Incredible..and I decided to do my normal "before I buy this phone" check and google "up coming verizon smartphones" just to see if there was anything maybe coming in feb. and saw the Tbolt. if I had not checked I would have had an DInc Tuesday of last week. its my own fault for looking :p

Point proven. Thank you. :)

hagalah

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I already gave up and preorder the Atrix. ATT confirmed the phone will arrive ON or Before 3/6 when place the order now. Which means I will play with the atrix and notebook dock for sure before 3/6 8:00PM.

VZW is needed to be punished.

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I already gave up and preorder the Atrix. ATT confirmed the phone will arrive ON or Before 3/6 when place the order now. Which means I will play with the atrix and notebook dock for sure before 3/6 8:00PM.

You'll have an awesome phone/netbook and with the best dropped calls available!

Reactions: anon(156916)

funguy123us

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

There is a good example! Few more days and I might join you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlantisx