How much are you willing to pay for 4g lte?

How much are you willing to pay for 4g on the Thunderbolt?

• Total voters

SamOliver

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if extra monthly data prices would be a deal breaker for most people, as this is probably going to be the deciding factor on whether or not I get the Thunderbolt.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
$30/month for unlimited data until 2013.

Then I'd consider paying more or less based on my usage and VZW tiered plans. No higher than $45/month.

wes008

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Since it's confirmed that we only pay 30 for unlimited 3G and 4G, I won't say I'd pay anymore now. However, before we knew that I'd pay up to 10 extra.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
For me, no more than $30 unlimited.

1) 4G isn't everywhere
2) vzw can roam these forums and I need them to see $30 for unlimited plastered everywhere so that when they gather their info for a 'study' the outcome will be '$30 unlimited data' :)

funguy123us

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Not a surprise that 68.29% of people won't pay anything more then $29.99. Although I expect that to be over 75 when it's all set and done.

If we seat back and think about it. Paying for more then $30 a month for just one cell phone data is just crazy.

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
(Hey everybody, Verizon is watching. Follow my lead. Shhh.)

I WILL NOT PAY MORE THAN $9.99 TOTAL FOR DATA SERVICE OF ANY KIND. A PENNY MORE AND I'M SWITCHING TO T-SPRINT & T.

(repeat loudly, everybody)

OK seriously $30 is already too much on top of even the minimum price voice plan, particularly when I'm already paying for high speed internet at home. Webphones have really just turned the corner from sluggish novelty into practical convenient near-necessity. They're not quite all the way transitioned but obviously are our future. At some point we won't need both home data service and phone data service but until then there is expensive overlap. I'm a little nauseous that I'll be quadrupling my monthly phone expense by jumping from pre-paid, non-connected semi-smartphone to the full monty. I already feel like it's way too much to pay given my low usage levels, even my predicted increased usage levels once I get the TB. At some point it's just too much and something has to give, like canceling home service, which I'm not ready to do, or retreating back down to a semi-dumb phone without data service (the lower tiers don't seem like they'd be enough), which I don't want to do but is the less painful option. Whatevs, I'm going to try not to think about it and find ways to make it worth it through the way I use it.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
$30/month for unlimited data until 2013.

Then I'd consider paying more or less based on my usage and VZW tiered plans. No higher than $45/month.

I agree 100% because it makes no sense to pay any tier plan or surplus when most people are not in 4g area. Also have no idea how much data I use...I hope there is and app for that!

deltwalrus

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
iPhone users pay $30/month unlimited on VZW now, it would be great if we could get the same deal on the Unicorn before they apply the tiered prices. Even $40/month for unlimited, fine, but unlimited is the key.

If they delay this phone long enough, maybe we don't get a choice, and they can ram that unicorn horn just a little further up there on each month's bill...

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, if the phone has a $100 "tax" or "premium" on top of it but you get unlimited LTE then why not? Better than $10/month, right?

deltwalrus

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
According to 2009 figures, almost 40 million people (39,674,448 to be exact, source: wikipedia) live in Verizon's current LTE markets. Verizon Wireless has about 70 million subscribers now. That's substantial. Plus they plan nationwide LTE coverage by 2013, at which time, we should see this phone released!

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I wont pay more, I will go back to a dumb phone before I pay into any additional data plan, this is not something I need but more of a luxury, its nice to have dont get me wrong and it will take some adjusting but I will survive :)

HiPower

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
$30/$360yr
$40/$480yr
$50/$600yr

No way I'll pay more than $30/month. It's already too high. It's definitely not worth it to me at those prices.

Nitros7

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I don't have 4G and wont till I have another upgrade so paying anything more than I do now wont happen... If I can't use the extra speed 100% of the time why would 100% of the bill...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lonewolfnz