How safe are UK Amazon sellers?

Aidan Bell

May 2, 2013
Visit site
A question for UK forum members, please:
I want to buy a new Galaxy Mega 6.3. I just went onto Amazon to do the deed, but found that their estimated delivery is 1-4 months!! My question therefore is whether people would advise me to purchase from, or not, or have their own purchase experience of, either "Wow Camera" or "Top T", the first two sellers on the top of Amazon's list. Or, can anyone advise me; were I to order from Amazon itself anyway (my absolute preference), is the 1-4 months delivery statement actually incorrect, and would it arrive within a few days anyway?

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I have never had a problem with sellers on the Amazon UK marketplace. I've only bought low value items though, and would also think twice before ordering something expensive.
Reviews of sellers are available (all customers are encouraged to at least rate sellers that they use) - I would look through these reviews and then decide if you're comfortable placing the order.

Aidan Bell

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks anony_mouse, I do agree with what you say, and I've also been advised that Amazon's own delivery estimate changes very frequently, so I think I'll hang on until I can buy directly from them, which I don't think should be too long a wait - safest all round.
Cheers,
Aidan

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks anony_mouse, I do agree with what you say, and I've also been advised that Amazon's own delivery estimate changes very frequently, so I think I'll hang on until I can buy directly from them, which I don't think should be too long a wait - safest all round.
Cheers,
Aidan

How did you get on? Hope you enjoyed the Mega!

anon(9485947)

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
1-4 months generally means the seller doesn't have it in stock.. but if anyone actually orders it they'll try and find one from somewhere (or cancel your order if they can't... or wait for you to cancel your order in about 3 months time)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oneup