Question How to cast phone to PC monitor and copy and paste using PC?

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I am using [Notepad Free] app in Samsung phone, I want to cast my phone to my PC monitor (so the phone screen appears on PC monitor) and edit [Notepad Free] app notes using my PC keyboard and mouse and copy text from [Notepad Free] app to my PC software (e.g. microsoft word in PC) or vice versa.

What is the best way to do it?

Thanks

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
What Windows 10 Pro PC software can OCR text that appears in the PC monitor screen? In my PC monitor, in Phone Link I can see my phone's [Notepad Free] app text appear in PC monitor, so I want to use OCR software to select/copy the [Notepad Free] app text and then paste into Microsoft word (in my PC)
Update: PowerToys Text Extractor can OCR text that appears in the PC monitor screen

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Does the A32 have continue apps on other devices under settings>connected device?
Why OP not using Samsung Notes app?
3b137469a76db5bc2bb30898753a2ba7.jpg

Reactions: acsurfer

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Does the A32 have continue apps on other devices under settings>connected device?
Why OP not using Samsung Notes app?
3b137469a76db5bc2bb30898753a2ba7.jpg
A32 have continue apps on other devices under settings>connected device, no use to me because I do not use Samsung Notes app.

I do not use samsung notes because google account backup does not backup samsung notes, hard to backup, hard to transfer to other apps, can only backup to samsung cloud (requires a samsung account) or use smartswitch to backup/transfer, no way to backup to google drive, difficult or unstable to access samsung notes in pc, no web version. (info https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...notes-to-google-drive-alternative-app.4470647 )

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
A32 have continue apps on other devices under settings>connected device, no use to me because I do not use Samsung Notes app.

I do not use samsung notes because google account backup does not backup samsung notes, hard to backup, hard to transfer to other apps, can only backup to samsung cloud (requires a samsung account) or use smartswitch to backup/transfer, no way to backup to google drive, difficult or unstable to access samsung notes in pc, no web version. (info https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...notes-to-google-drive-alternative-app.4470647 )
You can sync Samsung Notes to Microsoft One Note

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240320_224847_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20240320_224847_Samsung Notes.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: acsurfer

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I solved the problem. I close Phone Link and then open again, this [Copy and paste between your device and PC] (screenshot 1) popup automatically and I click [Turn on] and then [Settings] page (screenshot 2) auto popup. At this moment my problem is solved. I notice the screenshot 2 [Settings] page Settings>Features>[Cross-device copy and paste] is On, so I guess it was Off by default earlier. I did not go into the Settings page before screenshot 2 appeared.
screenshot 1 screenshot 2
-----
Info:
I later go Settings>Features>[Cross-device copy and paste] and switch off [Cross-device copy and paste] then try copy and paste again and the problem happens again, so it is really this setting that is causing the problem when it is Off.

-----
Info:
I setup by following the video
in this guide https://insights.samsung.com/2023/09/19/how-to-use-link-to-windows-on-your-galaxy-smartphone-4/ and during the setup I need to enter microsoft account in Phone Link (in PC) and in Link to Windows (in phone), no way to avoid using microsoft account like the video using older version, after setup is completed, I use it immediately and I am unable to copy and paste between my phone and PC, I did not change anything in the settings, I did not know there is a settings page.
My windows 10 pro pc is login using local account (no microsoft account)

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I solved the problem. I close Phone Link and then open again, this [Copy and paste between your device and PC] (screenshot 1) popup automatically and I click [Turn on] and then [Settings] page (screenshot 2) auto popup. At this moment my problem is solved. I notice the screenshot 2 [Settings] page Settings>Features>[Cross-device copy and paste] is On, so I guess it was Off by default earlier. I did not go into the Settings page before screenshot 2 appeared.
screenshot 1 screenshot 2
-----
Info:
I later go Settings>Features>[Cross-device copy and paste] and switch off [Cross-device copy and paste] then try copy and paste again and the problem happens again, so it is really this setting that is causing the problem when it is Off.

-----
Info:
I setup by following the video
in this guide https://insights.samsung.com/2023/09/19/how-to-use-link-to-windows-on-your-galaxy-smartphone-4/ and during the setup I need to enter microsoft account in Phone Link (in PC) and in Link to Windows (in phone), no way to avoid using microsoft account like the video using older version, after setup is completed, I use it immediately and I am unable to copy and paste between my device and PC. I did not change anything in the settings, I did not know there is a settings page.
My windows 10 pro pc is login using local account (no microsoft account)
Awesome

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos