How to create a stunning and unique look for your galaxy s8/s8+ that has the "infinity screen" look

Zyrros

May 14, 2017
Visit site
How to create a stunning and unique look for your galaxy s8/s8+ that has the "infinity screen" look

[BLACK PHONE VERSION RECOMMENDED FOR THIS]

42665e47b2.jpg

Step 1: Use "Material Black" as the base Samsung theme.

Step 2: install nova launcher.

Step 3: install some icons that are not too different from each other, prefferably with a circular shape (Rounder L icons on my example)

Step 4: Install Tiles, and trough it, enable full inmersive mode (by adding a tile for this setting), making both the navbar and the staatus bar dissapear and give the screen a much sleeker cleaner look. This will also prevent screen burn in as a good nice side effect.

Step 5: Use a 6x5 icon grid with 150% size with no labels for homescreen and a 5 x dock with 140% size with no label too.

Step 6: Pick an Amoled background, preferably a live one. I used Waves background with a modified Pistons preset.

Step 7: set the icons in a way that at least the two lower corners have icons in the icon dock. The inmersive mode will pull the icon dock all the way down to the botton of the screen so the icons will be right in the screen border. Don't fill up all the dock with icons. Put other icons hinting at the screen lateral borders.

Step 8: Use a big widget which can be made to reach the top of the screen, where the nova grid icons can't fully. I used zooper pro + a slighly modified Aura preset (I added the grey circle to reach the top of the screen).

Screenshot of the home screen used in the top pic
ced9832ab5.jpg

All these measures are based on hinting at where the screen can reach (without being too obnoxious about it like filling the entire botton row of icons on the dock) but not doing anything that cuts trough the screen border, so all the screen blends to black from all sides. By having icons, graphics and widgets reach parts of the phone that are very unusual or even never seen, and by having the AMOLED black blend almost perfectly with the black of the phone, it really seems like the phone really has no screen, and the things are just printed all over its body. It's a very impressive effect. Much more impressive than having an infinity wallpaper or any bright background that delimites the screen. The reason for the black phone to be recommend for this is that it looks like a single black seamless piece due to everything on it being black, instead of the rest of the colors, in which the front of the phone looks "cut" from the sides.

Last edited:

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: How to create a stunning and unique look for your galaxy s8/s8+ that has the "infinity screen" l

Great write up and instructions! Welcome to the forum, and that is a nice and unique look. Well done from me!

dejanh

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to create a stunning and unique look for your galaxy s8/s8+ that has the "infinity screen" l

Neat setup. Not something I'd do personally but I like your creativity.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site

I prefer my homescreen to be minimalist but that said yours is certainly unique.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

That's one sweet setup. Thanks for sharing.

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site

I have been trying to find out how to set up my phone like this. Including contacting the poster. I do not understand these instructions at all. I guess I do not have enough knowledge of customizing the phone to know what is going on with the instructions.