how to disable software update icon

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
i keep seeing the software update - update postponed icon on the upper left corner.

i choose not to update to android 8 for now and i do not need this icon reminder to show up all the times.

i check notification, but can't find a way to turn that off.

anyone knows how to rid of this icon???

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You have to root, then you can freeze the update app with an app like Titanium. If you don't want to root, there's nothing you can do.

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
why would samsung firmware update has anything to do with google play services? if i turned off google play services, it may very well turn off other notifications that i wouldn't want to miss otherwise.

Billbo7

Jan 5, 2019
Visit site
The following instructions will help you enable the Developer Options on Galaxy Note 9 where you can disable autoupdates:
1. Open the Settings menu on your phone. Either you can access it through Apps or directly from the Notification area by tapping on the gear icon present at the top right of the display.
2. Now, scroll down to ‘Software Information’ and tap on it.
3. Under Software Information, tap on ‘About Phone’ option.
4. Now, locate the ‘Build Number’ and tap 7 times on it to enable the Developer Options. That will activate the Developer Options that you can access through the Settings menu directly.

Now, you can access this menu any time you want through Settings->Developer Options.
Through the Developer Options, you can access many intense features and customize it further, including disabling system updates.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The name of the update app depends on the manufacturer. Telling the phone to not update doesn't stop the notices, but freezing the app (for which you have to be rooted) does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aclatex