How to enter CONTACTS? - Pixel 6; 2 Sims; 2 Countries

PixelTim

Apr 18, 2022
Visit site
Hello, I am new to this, and figured I would just ask others who own a Pixel 6, or who have encountered this; how it should be done.

Got my Pixel, put a Boost Physical SIM in, and then hooked up US Mobile ESIM. Working as it should, and I did this just for a test for only a few dollars. I bought this phone because of the built in English/Spanish translation, and having the ability to have 2 SIMs. I will be in Mexico next month and will be buying a Telcel (Mexico) physical SIM card to replace my test Boost SIM.

I want to be able to get banking texts on my US phone number, using WiFi Calling in Mexico jumpered to the Data line of my Mexico line for when WifI is not available. I think all will work as I want, and now want to figure out 'how' to enter phone contacts so that we can call using the contact list(s?) to choose the right calling method.

We want the Pixel to know that if we choose Bob Smith and want to call him from the US line while in the US, or use the Mexico line to call him while in Mexico; that it knows what +1 or anything to add to the number so that it works. I am not sure that I have to add the person to both a US Contact List and a Mexico Contact List; so no matter which I use, it works. But what if I used my Mexico line in the US to call a Mexico line who is in Mexico? IE: I am not sure if there is anything special that needs to be done.

Anyone work with 2 SIMs, 2 Countries; and whether or not you have to prefix the contact list(s) so that it works on the correct line with any prefix dialing country codes?

Just getting ready to take my existing contacts and enter into the new phone, but thought I would check with any others who may have done this.

Thank you,

Tim

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't have an answer to your questions since I've never experienced that use case, however, based on what you described it sounds to me like Google Fi's Unlimited Plus plan would be a great option since call, text and data is free in US, Canada and now they just added Mexico. Google Fi offers month to month no contract and you can just activate the eSim. You can still purchase a physical sim in Mexico if needed but I don't see why you would need one if you use Google Fi, unlimited plus plan. This would mean you probably wouldn't even need to worry about your contacts at all. I'll paste the link below so you can read more.

https://fi.google.com/about/plans/?...oVB1opTghzMzwprA4ke8AMrQIwo6GthEaAiW7EALw_wcB

PixelTim

Apr 18, 2022
Visit site
I guess I should have prefaced that I am 'frugal'. :)

My US Phone is $7 a month, and the Mexico phone will be $10 a month; so $17 USD total per month. All other options just don't show me a way to be under $20 a month and work in both countries on either line I use.

Don't get me wrong, there are many who will pay for unlimited everything; but my data usage i small, and I also don't make that many calls. Banking and texting will be the most important for US line; friends and family who may only know my US number; and any 800 numbers needed. The Mexican line can handle the data, most calls, and all the needs while living there more than in the US. US may just be for vacations, so having a US line with WiFi calling is kind of how to get it all to work.

I have looked at Google Fi; but it comes down to costs. I would like to get everything under $25 per month, but may not?

Currently I have 5 lines on Comcast/Xfinity; total bill $24.10 a month; so about $4.80 per line a month. I will lose that when I give up cable when I sell the house. This lead me to trying to figure out the future phone needs in Mexico for Banking 2-step authentications, texting and phone from existing people and businesses until they know our new numbers; while retaining a local Mexico number for day to day operations.

Until I get the Mexico line to see how contacts use each SIM; I may not now the answer as maybe nobody has done this before.

Tim

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie