How to enter recovery mode if i am not able to turn off s10+ phone?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So my S10+ keeps rebooting. I'm able to reach the home screen locked, with the clock and all. I can swipe to prompt the unlock code thing. I can enter my password and unlock the phone. Then it freeze on home screen, no apps ever appear, i cannot do anything else anymore. After a moment, it will reboot on it's own and do the same.

I have tried many times the forced reboot with volume down and power, i still get stuck in the same cycle.

I wanted to try entering recovery mode, but it say i have to power off the phone. Then hold bixby volume up and power. But i cannot turn my phone off. I'm stuck in a reboot cycle. I never get access to the power off icon. Everywhere i look online tells me to reset, but i need to power off, not reset. Is there a way i can do that?

Thanks

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Hold the power button down until it shuts off... it could take what seems like forever, so I would watch a clock and be sure you hold the button down for at least 30 seconds ;)

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
If you can get to the home screen then you have time to use the hardware keys to get to recovery mode. When your phone reboots be quick and hold volume up + Bixby button + power button. You want to be holding them before your phone cycles back on because you can let go when the Samsung logo appears.