how to fix message not sent.phone number formatted incorrectly ( Asus zenfoen selfie )

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you using the stock Messaging app to send an SMS message, or some other messaging app? Have you asked your carrier about this? It's possible the SMS Message Center number is incorrect in the system.

Navirulz

Feb 16, 2018
Visit site
Guys, I had the same issue. If changing SMSC no. Doesn't work, which I think won't. Just contact your operator, either because of roaming or plan or balance your network has blocked outgoing sms and phone shows this message. I recharged and changed my plan and it worked for me. I think work it out with your operator. Hope it works.

Fredrick Roswold

Jul 18, 2018
Visit site
I had this problem today, Asus android nougat. Could not send to any contact. Problem was minutes exhausted. Upp'd the balance and it now works.

I think that somewhere in the OS or messenger app the code to interpret the error is wrong. Perhaps a variety of errors come up with all the same incorrect message.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Or perhaps the carrier is sending an error not agreed upon by the industry, so the app is doing the best it can with the error number. (Online errors are normally sent as 3 digit or 5 digit numbers, but some apps and some carriers insist on making up their own. Everyone knows what 404 means, but even 403 is sometimes used incorrectly.)