How to get Gallery to Refresh pics in albums

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I do not use blinkfeed but look at pics in gallery. I wanted to send a pic from dropbox via text using the stock software. Since gallery no longer will display dropbox folders I download the pic from dropbox to downloads and expect to see it in the downloads folder in Gallery. This of course does not happen. The only way I have found to get a pic that was not taken by the phone itself to appear in Gallery (whatever folder I put it in) is to restart the phone. I tried killing the app, clearing the cache, etc.) Im on the latest and greatest Android and Sense version. Any help would be appreciated as this has been frustrating me for a long time. I remember a long time ago you could display dropbox in Gallery but now only surprise surpirse Verizon's could service only. Many Thanks ahead of time.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Use a file manager app to look in the /storage/sdcard0/download folder and make sure there isn't any file called ".nomedia" there. If present, this would instruct the Media Scanner to ignore that folder completely when looking for media files to add to the gallery. Delete it.

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the response. I tried that and do not find anything with a .nomedia at all on the device (using Astro).