How to get rid of icons in the topbar? Windows Phone like

mildor

Dec 31, 2016
Visit site
I'm moving from a Lumia 830 to a Moto Z play...

I used to hate android but windows phone is dead, laggy and ugly now, and I'm loving my moto... android is way more pretty now than what it used to be, but there's still something I HATE about android

The crowded icons in the topbar... too many icons, the topbar is a MESS

a7dX6nq_700b.jpg

Can someone tell me how make this top bar more Windows Phone Like? I mean... I don't want ONE icon for EVERY single notification I have, specially if they come from the same app, it's horrible and frustrating,I can't... in Windows Phone you only get ONE notification icon for ALL notifications... that icon means you have some new notifications, that's it, if you want to know how many or from which app those notifications are thenyou open the action center/notification center.

That allow the top bar to always looks clean and clear

Lumia-1520-windows-10-mobile.jpg

Any fix for this?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
In most of those notification bars, there is only one notification for each app. I do see a couple of duplicated notifications on a couple (the 3rd one up and the 3rd one down, oddly enough). Some of those are from older versions of Android.

With newer versions of Android (Marshmallow and Nougat, except on certain OEM's like Samsung) the System UI tuner can be used to hide some of the system icons on the right - such as the NFC icon, the SIM card icons, the battery % can be put inside the battery icon.

Inside Marshmallow: The System UI Tuner | Android Central

I'm on Nougat on my Nexus 6P (7.1.1, actually). I have 4 email accounts set up in the Gmail app, and I do get a separate notification icon for email on each of the accounts, plus a 5th in a "sandboxed" Gmail app on Android For Work that also gives a different notification icon. However, if I have multiple notifications for each email account they "stack" and can be expanded to show the individual emails plus the option to delete or reply to them. Youtube doesn't seem to work that way though.

mildor

Dec 31, 2016
Visit site
thank you, still, I hate the ONE icon on the bar for every app... Is there some trick to get only one notification icon like in Windows Phone?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Considering the notification bar is where you find out you have a new whatever for that app (typically, on Android), that doesn't make a ton of sense. However, you can go into each app's settings and modify the notifications for it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariekecalvin