How to get rid of notification bubbles?

Super Spartan

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site
When I get an SMS (I use Google Messages), I see many bubbles with the same icon as the app floating all over the screen it is very annoying. I went into settings and typed bubbles in the settings search and disabled notification bubbles but I still see them. Any ideas?

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Are you talking about these? If not, can you post a screenshot?
6c01b499bfc4b2b0485fe3ac59b52b23.jpg

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
When I get an SMS (I use Google Messages), I see many bubbles with the same icon as the app floating all over the screen it is very annoying. I went into settings and typed bubbles in the settings search and disabled notification bubbles but I still see them. Any ideas?
It does seem odd – that there's what seems like multiple, conflicting notification/bubble on/offs.
Or maybe it's just me. 🤔

You might try turning:
Settings > Notifications > Advanced settings > Floating notifications ... 'Off'. Then re-tweak it as needed.

Then go to Google Messages > your account icon > Message settings > Notifications ... to
tweak your 'Notification types' on or off.
... & ...
Message settings > Bubbles ... to turn Bubbles 'Off'.
Then you can re-tweak > Bubbles to 'Selected only' &c, as you desire. Hope that may help.

MI Super Spartan ?=) 👍
Whatta'ya think of the Jonathan Smith hiring? I didn't like it; I thought he should've stayed put at his Beaver alma mater.
But I guess he would've then ended-up in the West Coast conference. Which is so upside-down; I still can't hardly believe that the mega corporate networks were allowed to kill the Pac-12 ! While the NCAA just sat back and did nothing w/regards to teams jumping [conference] ships and with regards to conference revenue disparities!

Last edited:
Reactions: mustang7757

Super Spartan

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site
It does seem odd – that there's what seems like multiple, conflicting notification/bubble on/offs.
Or maybe it's just me. 🤔

You might try turning:
Settings > Notifications > Advanced settings > Floating notifications ... 'Off'. Then re-tweak it as needed.

Then go to Google Messages > your account icon > Message settings > Notifications ... to
... & ...
Then you can re-tweak > Bubbles to 'Selected only' &c, as you desire. Hope that may help.

MI Super Spartan ?=) 👍
Whatta'ya think of the Jonathan Smith hiring? I didn't like it; I thought he should've stayed put at his Beaver alma mater.
But I guess he would've then ended-up in the West Coast conference. Which is so upside-down; I still can't hardly believe that the mega corporate networks were allowed to kill the Pac-12 ! While the NCAA just sat back and did nothing w/regards to teams jumping [conference] ships and with regards to conference revenue disparities!
I have done all those things and I still see this:

Are you talking about these? If not, can you post a screenshot?
6c01b499bfc4b2b0485fe3ac59b52b23.jpg

Or maybe it's just me. 🤔

You might try turning:

... & ...

MI Super Spartan ?=) 👍
photo_2024-01-31_08-57-16.jpg