How to get rid of your beats audio notification!!!

bntran02

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
So happy I found this. I hate the icon. It takes up precious space. Plus I leave beats audio off at all times so why the hell do I need a quick access to turn it on/off? Here's how I got rid of the icon.

Settings ->Apps->All->HtcBeatsNotify->Disable.

You can also disable many other things like 'Sprint Music Plus'.

Last edited:

dskwerl

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't disable Sprint Music Plus. There was only the option to Force Stop it (which presumably it will just auto-start again later.)

I tried to do the same for Sprint Zone, and Disable was grayed out.

celticking

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I can see it being a bit bothersome. I like Beats though, nice addition to the phone. Sounds great playing through my auxiliary cable to my home system.

doomstang

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't mind the icon being there when I'm listening to music... It just reminds me that my music is probably sounding better than everyone else's.

Sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk

bntran02

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to just disable the icon and not the entire program?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

It only disables the Icon and I just confirmed this. The software package will still run and you can still adjust it at settings->Sound->Sound enhancer.

The icon is all preference and I prefer a clutter-free interface. Whether is actually improves the sound quality is subjective and personal preference. I just prefer to use PowerAmp's equalizer.

stanlm2

May 2, 2011
Visit site
awesome , this is perfect. i have some apps with sounds (not games, not music), and the beats notification thing goes off over and over.

Jordan Newbold

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a slighty different issue with my beats audio. When you play music it turns on right (the icon on top of phone)? well mine is on all the time im not playing any music at all.. but yet the icon is continuing to show it drains my battery i have no idea what to do :/

I turned the icon off through the setting>apps. but yet it still drains my battery!

Has anyone had this problem before?!

Hammer9274

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I have a slighty different issue with my beats audio. When you play music it turns on right (the icon on top of phone)? well mine is on all the time im not playing any music at all.. but yet the icon is continuing to show it drains my battery i have no idea what to do :/

I turned the icon off through the setting>apps. but yet it still drains my battery!

Has anyone had this problem before?!

Newbold, I've never had that problem. If Beats is staying on, maybe try to force stop it, if that doesn't work try restarting the phone or a simulated battery pull. Hope one of these will work for you.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaylebrown4977