How to get the "message counter" or "notification counter" to show up on home-screen icons??

all_bran

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
How to get the "message counter" or "notification counter" to show up on home-screen icons??

I'm going from a Samsung Galaxy S3 to a Nexus 6. I never thought it would be so different! On the GS3, certain icons would show "event counters" or whatever they're called in the top right corner. The email icon would show me how many unread emails I had. The Text Messaging app would show me how many unread texts i had. Facebook would show me how many unread notifications I had, etc etc... They were all the same, a number in a little orange bubble in the top right corner of each rspective icon.

Any idea how to turn that on in the Nexus 6?? I tried searching for an answer but didn't know what to call it!

Thanks in advance!

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: How to get the "message counter" or "notification counter" to show up on home-screen icons??

I'm going from a Samsung Galaxy S3 to a Nexus 6. I never thought it would be so different! On the GS3, certain icons would show "event counters" or whatever they're called in the top right corner. The email icon would show me how many unread emails I had. The Text Messaging app would show me how many unread texts i had. Facebook would show me how many unread notifications I had, etc etc... They were all the same, a number in a little orange bubble in the top right corner of each rspective icon.

Any idea how to turn that on in the Nexus 6?? I tried searching for an answer but didn't know what to call it!

Thanks in advance!

TeslaUnread for Nova Launcher
TeslaCoil Software

Description
TeslaUnread provides unread count badges for Nova Launcher Prime and WidgetLocker.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...com.teslacoilsw.notifier&hl=en&token=SGsfbU2T

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: How to get the "message counter" or "notification counter" to show up on home-screen icons??

Notification Badges aren't part of standard Android, the reason you saw them on some of the S3's apps is because Samsung included them in the Messages, Facebook, and Email apps as part of their apps, in conjunction with Touchwiz. There are apps that claim to add Notification Badges, and some launcher replacements (Nova I think?) might support those.

jrvtecaccord

May 12, 2012
Visit site

TeslaUnread for Nova Launcher
TeslaCoil Software

Description
TeslaUnread provides unread count badges for Nova Launcher Prime and WidgetLocker.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...com.teslacoilsw.notifier&hl=en&token=JRFL0CrB
That's what I use with great results.

96a844714231d34bd7e8296e341ff054.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

I'm looking to turn off that bubble counter on my S6. It's driving me crazy! I've turned off all notifications on the Facebook app, but still I get the icon counter.

Posted via the Android Central App

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

BTW, I didn't grant the phone permission to access Facebook when it asked.

Super Face

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site

I'm looking to turn off that bubble counter on my S6. It's driving me crazy! I've turned off all notifications on the Facebook app, but still I get the icon counter.

Me too!!! Except that I have a Samsung Galaxy S5. I've never had this problem before and one day I just look at my snapchat app and there it is!!! It wasn't there earlier in the day but it's so annoying I want it off my Snapchat app. I don't mind it being on the messages app but I just want my snapchat app like it was before without the notification badge. It's driving me nuts and I'm trying to find something on the Internet to help me take if off.