How to get the most out of your battery

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
So the Note 4 has a great 4000mah battery, but it's still good to do certain things tom get the most out of that big beast

What are some things you guys recommend to get the most our of your phone's battery??

Here are some tips I do:
- Turn autobrightness off
- Keep the screen resolution at FHD+ in stead of WQHD+
- Close backround running apps once in a while

Any other tips you guys have?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Never charge above 80%. Never discharge below 40%. Never allow the battery to freeze. (If it's 10 below and you have the phone in an outside coat pocket for a few hours, you've probably ruined the battery.)

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Never charge above 80%. Never discharge below 40%. Never allow the battery to freeze. (If it's 10 below and you have the phone in an outside coat pocket for a few hours, you've probably ruined the battery.)

Never charge above 80%? Never heard the one before. I usually let my phone charge overnight

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

I have literally NEVER had a problem for years with that one. I have always charged my phones to max capacity and burned them down to 1-2% regularly.

Mike1117

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I never had a problem charging up to 100% (especially overnight) but usually end up charging up before it hits 30% but often get down to 20% or less and find my S8+ battery life is still similar to when I first got it. Looking forward to the big battery in the Note 9.

Also, I like keeping auto-brightness on even though it does take some battery power.

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
So the Note 4 has a great 4000mah battery, but it's still good to do certain things tom get the most out of that big beast

What are some things you guys recommend to get the most our of your phone's battery??

Here are some tips I do:
- Turn autobrightness off
- Keep the screen resolution at FHD+ in stead of WQHD+
- Close backround running apps once in a while

Any other tips you guys have?

Um... maybe correct that from note 4 to a note 9 LOL. Ha ha typo sorry had to say it. Enjoy your note 9 I’m waiting for mine to ship.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Unless I am off the grid, I don't do anything to prolong battery life by gimping the phone. Once a day, I might go to Device maintenance and click on Optimize now to clear out any useless cache or running apps. For sure, I do not ever go down to 1080p.
I think as long as you have access to a charger, just find a regular schedule to top it off during the day.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I do a couple of things that extend battery life and because there are a couple of settings that bother me. I turn off bluetooth and wifi scanning when those features are off, turn off google location history, I use dark wallpapers alot (mainly because I like them). I have access to a charger alot of the day so I don't worry so much about battery and with the new 4000 mah there really isn't a need to stress it too much. I didn't pay this much for a phone to cripple it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beauty1