How to get voicemail translated to text? visual voicemail?

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to have your voicemails transcribed to text so you can just look at your voicemail without having to call? I had that on verizon and never had to call my voicemail as everything just transcribed to text right on the app also.

Photon4glover

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to have your voicemails transcribed to text so you can just look at your voicemail without having to call? I had that on verizon and never had to call my voicemail as everything just transcribed to text right on the app also.
You can try downloading Att visual voicemail from the play store

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
You can do it with Google Voice:
https://www.google.com/voice/b/0?pli=1#inbox

...or if you don't need or want a Google Voice number, you can use Google Voice Lite:

https://support.google.com/voice/answer/115127?hl=en

Both are free and both will send you audio visual voicemail, text transcripts or email transcripts. Choose any method you want or all 3.

Google Voice Lite also lets you setup custom voicemail greetings. If you get a Google Voice number you can do everything the Lite version does and much more. It also effectively gives your phone a second number. All for free.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

johnphillipdean

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
I just switched to S6 active from S4 active, I ATT visual Voicemail on the both and I had to text on the S4 but can't figure out how to get the to text to work on the S6 active...any help?

Rogerious

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
But don't you have to pay for YouMail for it to show up on your phone. I had the VM from Verizon, but it stopped working - which is why I tried YouMail, but it only sent the text to my email.

Chani_ca

Nov 19, 2016
Visit site
Google Voice silently fails for me (like, the important UI parts in help articles are just missing), apparently because I'm not in the US. Oh, I appear to be in a US forum - google led me here, so I'll leave some info for other non-Americans who wander in. :)

fongo (canada) will email me mp3s, but no transcription yet, and youmail is $5/month for transcripts... it looks like my options are a paid app like that, or a website... https://spokendata.com/ has a free trial and pretty cheap rates. I could have sworn there was a fully free online transcription service, but I can't find it now.

Oh. spokendata's free trial was... entertaining, but, I'm not sure I would even be able to tell if messages are spam, let alone what they're about. Here's the transcript of a message telling me my new glasses are ready for pickup: "Hi timing disinvestment an optical it's like you know your boss humanity and now be here tonight until five cents. A moral thing here eleven to her eyes and miracle occurred some days. The memory."

Now I understand why most of the search results were about humans, not software, doing the transcription. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JosephKilven