How to have stock Music Player as default music player instead of Sound Picker?

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I posted this thread on the S5 Mini, but got no response, so can anyone here help?

I just bought this device, love it so far. When I use a Google Voice command like, "play Madonna", it defaults to Sound Picker and doesn't play any songs. I noticed Music app is not even listed as a choice. See pic.

Is there a way to have the stock Music app as one of the choices instead of Sound Picker?

Attachments

• 1450129908583.jpg
    1450129908583.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 8

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi! Maybe you can go to Settings > Deafult apllications then remove sound picker from the list.
The next time you use google voice command, you will be asked again if you want to use sound picker or your deafult music app. Choose your desired app and set to "always".

Or maybe if it doesn't work, you can try downloading other music player on play store. There are lots of good and better player than the stock player.

Posted with ❤Love❤

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi! Maybe you can go to Settings > Deafult apllications then remove sound picker from the list.
The next time you use google voice command, you will be asked again if you want to use sound picker or your deafult music app. Choose your desired app and set to "always".

Or maybe if it doesn't work, you can try downloading other music player on play store. There are lots of good and better player than the stock player.

Posted with ❤Love❤
Thanks for the reply. I just did but Sound Picker is not even listed as one of the defaults, see pic. I believe Sound Picker is used for ring tone selection, odd it's showing as an option to play music on my device.

As for other music apps, I tried Music Play Google app, but "next track, stop, previous", etc doesn't work. Do I have to upload all my mp3 songs to the app to work with voice commands? All I want is for music voice commands to work, doesn't matter on which music app, tbh.

Attachments

• 1450140400733.jpg
    1450140400733.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 3