How to improve the image quaility of the Front facing camera during a Video chat

jason6217

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
I recently upgraded from my old iphone 4 to a S5 and I tried to video chat with a friend who still uses an iphone. I noticed that the front camera for the S5 produces a very pale and washed image during a video chat, but works fine when taking pictures. Is there anything I can do to improve the image quality during a video chat?

In addition, what is the best app for video chatting between an android phone and iphone?

Thanks! Any advice would be greatly appreciated

jason6217

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! I'll definitely try that out

Does anyone have tips to improve the quality during a video chat. I noticed in regular sunlight the front camera works perfectly, but at night the quality of the front camera is terrible during the video call.

dnangel_95

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! I'll definitely try that out
Does anyone have tips to improve the quality during a video chat. I noticed in regular sunlight the front camera works perfectly, but at night the quality of the front camera is terrible during the video call.

I believe that's exactly what it is —you have to be in a well-lit environment to be able to get clear photos/videos using the front cam. when i got my s5 a few months back I was amazed how clear the front cam video is when I am outside. But I'm not gonna talk about how it did indoors 'coz that's a major letdown lol