What You Need?
- This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings (but it will NOT touch your SD cards, so don’t worry about those). Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This [Android backup guide] would help you.
- Make sure that your device is fully charged or at least up to 75% before you begin.
- Back up everything you feel is important before you start with this procedure.
- The Viewsonic gTablet is known to have two bootloader versions – 1.1 and 1.2. Make sure you choose the right zip file in the next section as choosing the incorrect one can brick your device. To know what version you have on your device running stock OS, go to Menu > Settings > About Tablet > Tap UI Version; the firmware version should either start with 1.1 or 1.2 and this will be the zip file you will be downloading.
- This guide will assume that you have the 1.2 bootloader and will be using the relevant files for this version; if you are on 1.1, follow the same procedure but substitute the necessary files to avoid bricking your device.
- [CWM3028.1.2internal.zip] (for devices running 1.2 bootloader)
- [cwmod08.1.1.internal.zip] (for devices running 1.1 bootloader)
- Extract CWM3028.1.2internal.zip to a folder on your desktop. This folder should contain a zip file named update.zip and a folder called recovery.
- Connect your device to your PC and copy both the recovery folder and update.zip to the root of your internal SD card (not into any folders).
- Disconnect and turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons until you see “Recovery key detected” flash on the screen.
- The update.zip file will now start flashing automatically, installing ClockworkMod Recovery on your device, and reboot.
That’s it! You are done installing ClockworkMod Recovery on the gTablet.
Source: Awesome Android Tips