How to keep a Samsung S7 from turning itself back on as soon as it shuts off?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I own a Samsung S7. For as long as I have owned this phone it's had some unusual behavior: Whenever the phone is turned off it immediately turns itself back on.

This even happens when the phone turns itself off due to a supposedly "dead" battery. The phone shuts off, then after it is done shutting off, it turns itself back on. Then when it sees that the battery is at 0% it promptly shuts itself back off again.

If I plug the phone in when it starts doing this, it will do this for over an hour getting dangerously hot to the touch, so I usually am forced to leave it unplugged. When the battery is ACTUALLY dead (usually a half hour later) then I can safely plug it in. It will then remain off until I choose to turn it on, even if fully charged.

This is extremely bad behavior. If I can't get it to stop doing this, I was wondering if there was any way to disable to auto shut off routine with root. That way at least I will be able to plug it in right away.

I try to be conscious of the battery level, but sometimes it jumps from 15% to 5% and from 4% to 0% - and of course I don't believe any of those numbers because clearly if it can reboot for half an hour it must have enough power to have let me walk into another room and plug it in.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan