How to move photos from my Desktop Computer tomy Galaxy S3 mini

Linda Hass1

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
I have photos in my files on my Desktop Computer that I need to move to my Galaxy S3 Mini. I have a new app called Groovebook.com on my cell. It is for making photo books from photos I send to them. They have to come from the Cell. I want to do a Family group of 100 pictures. Fifty (50) of the pictures I need are older and stored on my computer. I need to move them to my cell phone. On my computer I use MS Outlook for my email program. I use the same email address on my computer as I do on my cell phone. When using the same email address it is tricky to send any photo to my cell. My Outlook is my primanry email location so when I try to send one to my celll. I have to turn off my email program as soon and the photo has loaded so it will the email and come through on my cell. I have had them come in on my cell but it says "Warning you must first download message to download the attachment). The photo was only 32.1 KB or 79 KB. I did this but it still did not work. Hope you can help me learn how to do this correctly? What is the recomended Res. and size? :p

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1) The "recommended" size is what the app needs.

2) Plug the phone into the computer. You should be able to see the phone on the computer where you see the hard drive(s) (where that is depends on whether you're running Windows, MacOS or Linux). Look for a folder named DCIM (case counts in the phone.) In there, look for a folder named Camera. Open that and copy the pictures from the computer to that folder. When you're done, safely remove the phone from the computer (right-click on the phone and there should be an "Eject" item in Windows, I haven't used a Mac in so long that I have no idea how they work).

Now you should be able to see the picturs in the phone and in th app.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's much easier to connect your phone to your computer via USB cable, then use the computer's file manager to copy the photos over to the phone's Pictures folder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TG20