How to open Google Contacts instead of Samsung Contacts app from Phone app (Samsung A52 G5)

wtf1900

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
About to loose my mind ...
In a moment of distraction, I chose Samsung Contacts and the hit the 'always' option when my Samsung A52 asked me which app I wanted to use to enter a new contact from my Phone app. Now, there doesn't seem to be a way to take that back.

I have both Google Contacts and Samsung Contacts installed and want to use the former.
I checked app permissions and the settings within both apps.
Even tried to disable permissions in Samsung ... but I only ended up with an error - Samsung forced me to enable permissions again, instead of allowing me to chose another app.

Please help.
Probably the last time I will by a Samsung phone ... nothing but headaches.

wtf1900

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
yupp.
My interface looks slightly different. Not sure if that is Samsung or the article works with a different Android version:

I can do step 1, but in step 2 I cannot clear defaults.

Screenshot_20220324-150318_Settings.jpg

wtf1900

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
And just to be clear ... I ZERO contacts in Samsung Contacts ... I signed up when I set up the phone, but haven't used the samsung account at all. (Still getting those annoying notices to login ... haven't been able to stop those from showing up either).

It is JUST about getting the Google Contact App to open automatically.

wtf1900

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
And just to be clear ... I ZERO contacts in Samsung Contacts ... I signed up when I set up the phone, but haven't used the samsung account at all. (Still getting those annoying notices to login ... haven't been able to stop those from showing up either).

It is JUST about getting the Google Contact App to open automatically.