How to reboot the Nexus 5?

detn8r

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey folks,

I have an incredibly simple question and tried to look around but all I can come up with is other people having issues and wanting to hard reboot or just having random reboot issues.

Simply, all I want to know is how to reboot the phone! :) When I press the power button, I only have the option to Power Off. Maybe it's in a different place that I'm not looking? I'm coming from a Samsung Galaxy S2.

Thaanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

chenks

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to reboot the Nexus 5

there is no "reboot" option.
you simply power off, then power it back on again.

cbarnhil

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site

Like you, I also came from a Galaxy s2. I absolutely love my Nexus 5!

Like others have said, just hold down the power button until reboots. (Some people call it a warm boot)

Posted via Android Central App

Ciege

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site

Heh, I actually added a Tasker widget to reboot the phone to save me those 10 seconds.

Sherali550

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
:) you can reboot the iphone press and hold the power and home button to-gather until you see apple logo on screen
Its like a hard reboot i mean taking off the battery and putting it back again (classic phones style) and it also fix the issue you might be having :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
:) you can reboot the iphone press and hold the power and home button to-gather until you see apple logo on screen
Its like a hard reboot i mean taking off the battery and putting it back again (classic phones style) and it also fix the issue you might be having :)

Welcome to Android Central!;) Not sure if you thought you were posting in a different forum, but the question here was about a Nexus 5, not an iPhone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sams_s22plus